banner graphic
Airport Webcams
Who's Online
14 registered (Challenger1, Wetworker, multisync, Dickc82, ACKIFR, Sky 21, Larry Flinn, Low n Slow, BHarbour, Adrian-S, FlyingPug, Joeman434, Marcos Diaz, C420sailor), 343 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stg1gs, bmb, SOFTeam, gomeow, aterry1067
12966 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bargain Bob 216468
Rusty Rudder 8608
vettdvr 7724
Joeman434 6976
Cessna Dude 6628
California Flyer 6235
Willie 4728
Clyde Cessna 4485
Don Tedrow 3659
Peedie Montgomery 3474
wrecksum 2704
ytodd 2637
Challenger1 2501
Ward Holbrook 2436
N5479R 2418
XP Driver 2407
November X-ray 2304
Jim_1 2299
Viper_96 2247
Wayne R 2086
Henry M. 2077
cadcap 2010
Bigdoggh 1971
Pilawt 1924
oilwell1415 1906
Showboatsix 1897
Nightowl 1826
Nintendo Pilot 1744
Glenn Darr 1708
EdW 1690
Top Posters (30 Days)
Joeman434 44
Challenger1 42
Rusty Rudder 37
cadcap 30
C420sailor 23
N5479R 21
skyhawk3 18
propizza 16
Viper_96 15
SeaProbe 15
Showboatsix 12
Jim_1 12
Henry M. 12
magman 11
FlyingPug 10
Pilawt 9
ytodd 9
4313 9
Gooneybird 8
Flubber4.0 6
Low n Slow 6
Wade L 6
CD. 6
Oneil250 6
PilotPeat 5
markv 5
Kentucky Captain 5
OldGunbunny 5
CaptPenner 5
Packman 5
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: 1974 Cessna172 M Yoke control lock by Challenger1 @ 2 minutes 29 seconds ago

I looked on Ebay and did not see his add. I will look at my receipts and see if I can find you a name. Last time I saw his add he raised his price to $39.00.
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Sophie's choice on upgrades by Challenger1 @ 14 minutes 28 seconds ago

I don’t think you need a gps to earn your instrument rating? Yes it seems a g375 would be a good choice? Since you are in Ky I suggest you you call Scott or Chuck at 513 735-9595. They helped me a couple years ago decide what to install. Pretty
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: 1974 Cessna172 M Yoke control lock by ACKIFR @ Today at 02:26 PM

Can you remember his name or address? Thanks
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: 1974 Cessna172 M Yoke control lock by Low n Slow @ Today at 01:45 PM

I think it’s 3/16” rod
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: 1974 Cessna172 M Yoke control lock by Challenger1 @ Today at 12:40 PM

I will measure mine for you when I get to the airport. I bought mine off ebay from a guy who makes them for 35 bucks. It is nice and worth the money. I could not make one as nice or one that fits so well.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts 1974 Cessna172 M Yoke control lock by ACKIFR @ Today at 12:10 PM

VERY technical question. Can anyone tell me the thickness of the steel rod that makes up the above control lock. Mine has “disappeared “ and since they are asking $280.00 for a used one on eBay I thought I would just make up my own. Really annoyin
New Member Introductions
Jump to new posts Re: New Member Introductions - 2020 by Marcemmanuel @ Today at 11:39 AM

Hi everybody, My name is Marc-Emmanuel and I'm proud to own a nice 172P. I live in France and will use it for family flights. Registration is F-GLOK sn 75517 ;-) Nice day to all of you
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Pull starter cable routing by 4313 @ Today at 11:08 AM

Don't know of any specific routings and have never seen any info for it other than it needs to clear the controls in all positions with out any sharp bends. Time to get under there and study the situation. Alan
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Sophie's choice on upgrades by C420sailor @ Today at 10:40 AM

The 375 looks like a great solution... ...except you’ll need to sort a few other things out. It doesn’t have an integrated NAV/COM, so you’ll need to keep your other two radios. To avoid having three CDIs (one for the GPS, one for NAV1, one for NAV
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Sophie's choice on upgrades by SeaProbe @ Today at 10:21 AM

I agree with Sailor that an AP isn't needed for IFR training. That said, if you expect to continue 3 hour cross countries every week, the AP is a good investment in safety. Three hours of hand-flying IFR in a six pack is fatiguing and you'll arrive
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Sophie's choice on upgrades by Dickc82 @ Today at 10:07 AM

Do you think the gnx 375 would be the best route? Or a 175 and a separate transponder?
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Sophie's choice on upgrades by C420sailor @ Today at 09:57 AM

Don’t even think about the autopilot right now. It isn’t needed. APs are at the end of the ‘nice to have’ avionics list. Put an IFR GPS and indicator in. If your transponder is old, replace it with an ADS transponder and have the GPS feed it.
Avionics
Jump to new posts Sophie's choice on upgrades by Dickc82 @ Today at 08:53 AM

I am looking for input on my dilemma. I have a 64 172e I bought from my dad. I have put 70 hours on a fresh o-300. The avionics are vintage IFR. The budget for an upgrade this year has increased from my first estimation. I have about $20,000 to
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Engine overhaul options by Rusty Rudder @ Today at 08:47 AM

Please, give them a shout, (State Farm, I'll dig up the policy for you) I could give a rats as$ ! Nothing fraudulent about it, they were informed, they paid and the repairs shop did slip shod work, in your own words, as I have it recorded. Ok, you
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Engine overhaul options by Joeman434 @ Today at 08:37 AM

Do what you have to do NY Ed. It all boils down to you overloading your RV, destroying the hitch and turning in a fraudulent insurance claim, having it fixed improperly, then bringing it to me to be fixed right. The insurance company might like to kn
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Engine overhaul options by Rusty Rudder @ Today at 08:31 AM

Thats what you do Jersey, you go on, and on and on instead of moving on. so, go on you miserable SOB ! If you recall you were in cardiac arrest upon entering the Ocala Hospital. I remember the doctor claiming if you were 5 minutes longer that heart
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Engine overhaul options by Joeman434 @ Today at 08:22 AM

And thinking back NY Ed....how many broken adel (loop) clamps or missing and the quick and easy fix is a dozen zip ties you had. It all adds up. How many dangling wires? Did you forget the broken wheel pants? Worn brakes? And when I told you the whee
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Engine overhaul options by Joeman434 @ Today at 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Rusty Rudder I have had annuals done every year by licenced and certified aircraft mechanics for 15 years, flown that plane over a thousand hours around the country and out of the country trouble free. I know you're plane NY
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Engine overhaul options by Rusty Rudder @ Today at 07:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Joeman434What costs so much when an airplane has been neglected for years and many 4-5 hundred dollar annuals? Missing hardware, a big combination of Ace Hardware bolts and screws. Flexible oil lines all sweating and over 20 yea
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Engine overhaul options by Joeman434 @ Today at 07:25 AM

In the end, I was stating that running an engine over TBO is NOT always the best idea. I wasn't telling anybody what or how to run their engine. I've seen many engines well over TBO and just as many never reach TBO because of time and rust/corrosion.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Engine overhaul options by Joeman434 @ Today at 07:19 AM

What costs so much when an airplane has been neglected for years and many 4-5 hundred dollar annuals? Missing hardware, a big combination of Ace Hardware bolts and screws. Flexible oil lines all sweating and over 20 years old, fuel lines that are so
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Engine overhaul options by Rusty Rudder @ Today at 07:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Joeman434No heart attack, Ed....a precautionary cath....that's it. A cath! And yes, people do dumb things...and you're correct, some just don't learn from an accident or two Ed, they keep defying death. Haahaaaaa ! Hey, it's
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Engine overhaul options by Joeman434 @ Today at 07:07 AM

No heart attack, Ed....a precautionary cath....that's it. A cath! And yes, people do dumb things...and you're correct, some just don't learn from an accident or two Ed, they keep defying death.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Engine overhaul options by Rusty Rudder @ Today at 06:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Joeman434And this is from a guy that would fly a clapped out 172 over a thousand miles, overloaded, with a passenger and all on ONE MAG....That's right folks....ONE MAG. It didn't quit on the way...he left that way. And then wan
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Engine overhaul options by Joeman434 @ Today at 06:46 AM

And the fuel tank was an owner assist job that he mixed the screws up, (a total of 4 screws) and it was all sorted out in the end and done safely. And the flying at night was the owners choice. I suggested he wait, but like NY Ed, he's stubborn and l
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Cessna172 Tribute
THIS MONTH'S SPONSOR
Special thanks to:
You!
Thank you for making this site great
Today's Birthdays
MEP, N300PF, nelson.souza, Pbart, SCATXXVII, Sunday Pilot
Helpful Links
100LL Price Finder
AD Directory
Aging GA Aircraft