banner graphic
Airport Webcams
Who's Online
12 registered (Henry M., rick c, N5479R, cammac, TxHawk, mx757, Curious1, Toolmaker, Joeman434, Challenger1, JJC3, Bob2), 68 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Leftheart, John V, Kittikoon, Hawkflier, Chex
11023 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bargain Bob 216468
vettdvr 7724
Rusty Rudder 7712
Cessna Dude 6628
California Flyer 5981
Joeman434 5606
Willie 4728
Clyde Cessna 4453
Don Tedrow 3659
Peedie Montgomery 3289
wrecksum 2704
Ward Holbrook 2436
XP Driver 2407
ytodd 2349
November X-ray 2303
Jim_1 2135
oilwell1415 1906
Bigdoggh 1845
Pilawt 1832
Nightowl 1826
Showboatsix 1769
Nintendo Pilot 1739
N5479R 1731
Glenn Darr 1708
Henry M. 1661
KevinMcP 1656
RodneyHooverCFI 1646
Pilot110 1617
Wayne R 1596
EdW 1572
Top Posters (30 Days)
Challenger1 100
Viper_96 87
Kentucky Captain 54
Joeman434 52
Wayne R 46
Rusty Rudder 40
C420sailor 37
Henry M. 37
mx757 25
propizza 21
Pilot110 20
N5479R 20
IDontFly 17
Flubber4.0 17
California Flyer 15
EdW 13
magman 13
Curious1 12
ytodd 11
Pilawt 10
UH1Ngunship 9
Showboatsix 9
Hawk25U 9
michaelj 9
Randall DeValcourt 9
iiAtlas 8
Petergrateful 8
4313 8
kbstone13 8
GregHarris 7
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piloting & Flying Techniques
Jump to new posts Re: fuel tank selector use by N5479R @ 51 minutes 55 seconds ago

I believe that it only applies for 172 models up to and including the 172K.
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursday September 20th by N5479R @ 57 minutes 4 seconds ago

Couldn’t pass up a nice flying day like today, so I flew down to Sebring for lunch. Took advantage of their Chicken parm sandwich special with two sides with my usual sweet tea. Enjoyed the flight back too, Topped off the tanks at home base, now tha
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Remote Switches by Kinhop @ Today at 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: mx757 Three switch positions in left grip and two positions in right grip of each wheel. Unless you get the version with the trim switch. Then it's trim switch and one P/B switch position on the left and three switch posi
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Remote Switches by Kinhop @ Today at 12:10 PM

I'm putting xmit PTT on the left, and electric trim switch is there too. No confusing those. Also adding autopilot disconnect on a tab on the left side of the yoke hub. The right side will be Comm swap, playback, and ident. So its autopilot all on th
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Remote Switches by Henry M. @ Today at 11:18 AM

I have Avionics yokes on my 182, with a metal tab with the autopilot switches and a PTT switch on the yoke itself. It is hard enough to keep track of the autopilot without adding the audio panel switches to it. Maybe the playback switch would be usef
The Travel Bug
Jump to new posts Re: Cessna Travel Bug Location by Hawk25U @ Today at 10:11 AM

Sounds good to me. I'll be making at least 2 gas stops enroute to 2M8.
The Travel Bug
Jump to new posts Re: Cessna Travel Bug Location by Challenger1 @ Today at 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Hawk25UThinking of flying from Rochester, NH (KDAW) to Baker airport (2M8) on the north side of Memphis on the 27th of Oct. Stay a few days then on to Miami County airport (K81) about 30 miles south of Kansas City. Obviously a
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Remote Switches by Kinhop @ Today at 09:39 AM

There is no point putting remote switches on your panel - they are 100% intended to go on your yoke, and you need to install an aftermarket yoke to do it. Not listed in "For Sale" yet, but in about a month I will have a nearly new pair of
Piloting & Flying Techniques
Jump to new posts Re: fuel tank selector use by Challenger1 @ Today at 08:28 AM

Originally Posted By: DeputydogK9That's an oldie/goldie. AD 72-7-2 and Service Letter SE72-7. Kit to fix is SK172-31B or SK172-32. Good reading your posts, thanks. I went to your links and now understand the problem with the older 172s. 2 nights
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursday September 20th by Viper_96 @ Today at 08:07 AM

Good Wednesday morning everyone, 70F already headed for 97F with clear skies and light winds today. Already done with my run, now back to taxes and study. - Rusty - sounds like a good day yesterday with some flying and pregaming for the BLM... go
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Brakes Dragging by magman @ Today at 06:11 AM

I've had to shim new pads as the non-standard thickness would cause the Brakes to be "applied". Did someone assure free wheel rotation after install? I try to only use terms like "5606" & "Hydraulic Fluid". NE
Flying & C172 Club General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Are wheel hub caps cool to have on your plane? by Challenger1 @ Today at 05:59 AM

Love before and after pictures! Nice paint job Cadcap. Can tell your family is in the paint business, or at least your Father was if I remember right from reading your posts? You have learned a valuable skill a long time ago I am betting, paint. Tha
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Wednesday September 19th by Challenger1 @ Today at 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: ytoddOriginally Posted By: Challenger1Good morning, I will be moving mounds of paperwork from one side of my desk to another today...lol 70°f now going to 90 today with mostly clear sky's. Then plan to fly again tonight with
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursday September 20th by Joeman434 @ Today at 03:57 AM

Good morning all.....76 up to 90's again..... Got two short flights in with the Tri-Pacer....took my daughter up on the second one....big difference from a Cessna. Easy day.....late morning meeting...may not do too much after that... Rusty....look
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Thursday September 20th by Rusty Rudder @ Today at 02:04 AM

Good Thursday morning Cessna 172 Club ! A cool 52 this morning with a high of 71 today, good outdoor working day .... Squeaked in 1 hour on the Tach last night around sunset and loaded the plane with fuel, dropped off the fuel tank into the hangar a
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sending a PM by Henry M. @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

I sent you a PM. What issues are you having?
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Attitude Indicator by skyhawk3 @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

Any TSO AI will do. You don't want an 8 degree one....those are for sloped panels. All 172's im aware of have straight vertical panels.
Jump to new posts Re: Are wheel hub caps cool to have on your plane? by cadcap @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

You can "snazz" up those wheel pants fairly easily with some matching gold pinstriping tape! I'd put a thin gold stripe below the red edge with a thin line of white showing between the red's edge and the stripe...then a wider or tapering
C172 Photo Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: Few pictures from Rough River Ky airport. by Joe K @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

Looks like you had a good flight. 128 miles is a good distance, I do that going to CT
Mods & STCs
Jump to new posts Re: Headrest Grommets and Seat belt question by combahee @ Yesterday at 09:18 PM

Rubber grommets at Lowes or Harbor Freight
Jump to new posts Re: Are wheel hub caps cool to have on your plane? by Randall DeValcourt @ Yesterday at 09:06 PM

Thanks for reply--been looking for a pair to put on my 150 just like you showed. If you know of any others, please Pm me, thanks Randall----by the way, you have a great looking bird!!
C172 Photo Gallery
Jump to new posts Few pictures from Rough River Ky airport. by Challenger1 @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

Flew down to rough river after dinner tonight with my wife. Talked her into going to checkout the lodge for some overnight stays. I think I can talk her into it? Got there just at dusk/sunset and flew home in the dark. 128 NM I think and the first XC
Jump to new posts Re: Are wheel hub caps cool to have on your plane? by Challenger1 @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Randall DeValcourtChallenger, if u are interested in selling any of the hub caps, PM me,Randall I am sorry I forgot to PM you. Sorry none of them are mine, there all my buddies from his 40 year collection of planes. He has ha
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Wednesday September 19th by ytodd @ Yesterday at 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Challenger1Good morning, I will be moving mounds of paperwork from one side of my desk to another today...lol 70°f now going to 90 today with mostly clear sky's. Then plan to fly again tonight with my wife to a state park in
Mods & STCs
Jump to new posts Re: Re-Webbing rear seat belts by DeputydogK9 @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

Aviation Safety Products (aircraftseatbelts.com) 41 Easterling Rd · Blairsville, GA. 30512 Phone: 800.480.4816 · Fax: 706.835.2424 · info@aircraftseatbelts.com I've used these guys to do my sailplane belts. All gliders in Germany have a time in ser
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Cessna172 Tribute
THIS MONTH'S SPONSOR
Special thanks to:
You!
Thank you for making this site great
Today's Birthdays
59C172, bose4, endangered1, HavNfun, Mightymouse, N91793
Helpful Links
100LL Price Finder
AD Directory
Aging GA Aircraft