banner graphic
Airport Webcams
Who's Online
10 registered (Challenger1, propizza, Davey1, Guillaume L., C420sailor, Viper_96, Bugs, mallard, Underdog, Gooneybird), 326 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Winning Team, Stuart Sarasin, R2D2, opiejahn, Skyhawk 172L KVUT
13180 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bargain Bob 216468
Rusty Rudder 8613
vettdvr 7724
Joeman434 7151
Cessna Dude 6628
California Flyer 6269
Willie 4728
Clyde Cessna 4485
Don Tedrow 3659
Peedie Montgomery 3479
wrecksum 2704
Challenger1 2675
ytodd 2658
N5479R 2488
Ward Holbrook 2436
XP Driver 2407
Viper_96 2340
November X-ray 2304
Jim_1 2300
cadcap 2163
Wayne R 2087
Henry M. 2086
Bigdoggh 1971
Showboatsix 1958
Pilawt 1935
oilwell1415 1906
Nightowl 1826
Nintendo Pilot 1744
Glenn Darr 1708
EdW 1694
Top Posters (30 Days)
cadcap 57
Challenger1 49
Joeman434 46
Viper_96 44
BHarbour 29
skyhawk3 25
rkittine 20
Showboatsix 15
Ernani 15
ytodd 15
N5479R 15
Skydawg 12
mx757 11
Flubber4.0 11
Cherokeedriver 11
California Flyer 10
magman 10
C420sailor 10
Kentucky Captain 10
Shannon 9
CD. 9
samiam95124 8
Gooneybird 7
FrankieB 7
frfly172 7
4313 7
multisync 7
Low n Slow 6
propizza 6
GregT 6
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Marvel ma-4spa 10-5009 fuel line gasket part number by propizza @ 2 minutes 3 seconds ago

Looking for the gasket part number when you check and clean the strainer
Piloting & Flying Techniques
Jump to new posts Re: ADS-B not required under shelf of Class C by C420sailor @ 30 minutes 39 seconds ago

Yep, and expect it to get more prevalent as more of our threat nations of interest develop GPS jamming capabilities. Iíve been saying it for years...keep a good NAV radio suite in your airplane. Do your VOR checks periodically. Train to ILS/LOC/VOR
Flying & C172 Club General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Flying from the Right Seat by Challenger1 @ Today at 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: GooneybirdFirst day in the right seat for my student. He did very well with the normal adaptations getting used to it. He was happy to crawl back into the left seat though. Wonder why none of my past instructors suggested th
Flying & C172 Club General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Flying from the Right Seat by Gooneybird @ Today at 11:50 AM

First day in the right seat for my student. He did very well with the normal adaptations getting used to it. He was happy to crawl back into the left seat though.
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Saturday February 27th by Viper_96 @ Today at 10:42 AM

Good late Saturday morning everyone, 52F headed for 61F in the Vegas area with clear skies and light winds becoming gusty later. No flying today, just chores to get caught up, maybe some flying tomorrow. Looks like the better weather has allowed ma
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Friday February 26th by cadcap @ Today at 10:10 AM

MAN!! What a change in weather fortunes! Hard to believe we were in freezing temps and heavy snow just a few days ago and now it's so mild and clear the Bikers are out on their hogs! Great trip to the WACO Kitchen restaurant yesterday (Friday)...rea
Weekly Poll Question
Jump to new posts Re: Manual E6-B Flight Computer - Do you use one? by Showboatsix @ Today at 10:08 AM

GPS spoils everyone.....heading track, distance, time to arrive, time since departure, wind correction, airport information, altitude, airspeed, ground speed, distance from desired track (left or right of line) plot lines, vs flight lines, Lat Lon c
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: aerocruze 100 (trutrak) by cadcap @ Today at 09:59 AM

Your very Welcome, if you need any more of a "heads-up" let me know by PM or e-mail.
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: aerocruze 100 (trutrak) by sailit @ Today at 08:36 AM

Thank you for the info, it gives me hope. I was kind of shell shocked when it would not fit in the inspection hole and Bendix had not a clue when I called. Also thanks for the PIREP I am very excited to try it out.
Mods & STCs
Jump to new posts Re: STOL kits by wildduk @ Today at 08:29 AM

Weíve got a STOL kit on our 172M with the 180 conversion. Itís also got the flap gap seals, and stall fences. As others had said, it is very hard to stall. Reed style warning horn doesnít work that well. And it is hard to slow down. If your fas
Cessna 172 Club Classifieds
Jump to new posts WTB 172 For Float Package by Stuart Sarasin @ Today at 08:02 AM

Ready to buy nice 172 with these preferences, none are excluding: 1968 or newer, 180+ hp, taildragger conversion, factory float kit, low time engine, 4,000 or less TT, with or without floats. Thank you.
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Avionics in a 57 Straight Tail by rkittine @ Today at 07:05 AM

I have ADSb in right now, so what are your thoughts on a GTX335 and an ICOM A220T which would allow me to eliminate the flight com portable intercom too. Bob
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Inexpensive upgrade by Ernani @ Today at 06:35 AM

I got one 300A from a local Cessna Cardinal in very good conditions. The shop will give me a 1 year warranty. Living in Brazil the import duties makes things quite expensive, and the authorized Garmin dealer here likes to sell to people with expensiv
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Friday February 26th by Joeman434 @ Today at 05:51 AM

A day late....but yesterday was another picture perfect day in Florida. Got to play with a 180 Cherokee the last few days.
Weekly Poll Question
Jump to new posts Re: Manual E6-B Flight Computer - Do you use one? by rkittine @ Today at 05:15 AM

I still teach it and I have one in my flight bag. It is amazing how many new pilots have issues with doing things without the help of electronics. It is one of the reasons why I like doing the tailwheel endorsements. Back to basics of Stick and Rubbe
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Friday February 26th by SeaProbe @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Went up for a second commercial training on maneuvers. This time Chandelles and a steep spiral. Both were kind of fun.
Cessna 172 Club Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Glove compartment door (map case) plastic overlay. by cadcap @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: ACKIFROrdered part, as you suggested. $45 Makes a BIG difference when you wanna keep your plane looking and working like new and gotta work with a small budget!!
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: aerocruze 100 (trutrak) by cadcap @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

We had the same issue with my 172H... the picture in the manual is of a 182 or later model 172... if I'm not mistaken...you have to insert it in the larger hole further outboard and slide it thru a couple rib bays...then there was no way to get the s
Stories and Adventures
Jump to new posts Crab cake burger run by cadcap @ Yesterday at 09:15 PM

Flew to KBTL in SW Michigan to try the food at the new Waco Kitchen inside Waco Aviation... Climbed to 5500 following the lake shore heading inland just about the time we reached frozen shoreline.. First airplane of the afternoon...just pull up r
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: aerocruze 100 (trutrak) by sailit @ Yesterday at 08:53 PM

Thanks. He said call Bendix, its not going in that hole.
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: aerocruze 100 (trutrak) by Challenger1 @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Welcome to the club! I am pretty sure that it will fit through the small inspection panel. My Garmin servo does. What does your AP mechanic say about it?
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Friday February 26th by ytodd @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Bo will be in annual for a week and wouldn't you know it...... beautiful flying weather. Oh well..... chores all weekend
Avionics
Jump to new posts aerocruze 100 (trutrak) by sailit @ Yesterday at 06:44 PM

Anyone have any experience or knowledge with trutrak / aerocruze 100 installation. I have purchased the aerocruze 100 to install in my 172-F. The installation manual shows a large access/inspection panel on the bottom of the wing to install the roll
Piloting & Flying Techniques
Jump to new posts Re: ADS-B not required under shelf of Class C by FrankieB @ Yesterday at 06:33 PM

GPS/ADF jamming VERY prevalent on the west coast. Other than making normal navigation usable (ie. military trying to kill you) the result is nominal. If ADSB is jammed, ATC can not see it either... Therefore - non issue.
Weekly Poll Question
Jump to new posts Re: Manual E6-B Flight Computer - Do you use one? by FrankieB @ Yesterday at 06:24 PM

Don't understand the FAA's arcaic rules for old tech. Hello, we all use smart phones etc. Move along, nothing to see here. These are not the droids you are looking for..... (perhaps we should still teach the use of VFR beacons, what there is li
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Cessna172 Tribute
THIS MONTH'S SPONSOR
Special thanks to:
You!
Thank you for making this site great
Today's Birthdays
cfii_dan, DCat22, TomC, Warren
Helpful Links
100LL Price Finder
AD Directory
Aging GA Aircraft