banner graphic
Airport Webcams
Who's Online
18 registered (Barnett, C420sailor, Joeman434, 120br, multisync, mobius4niner, Henry M., Pilawt, Flyboy712, Brock Boss, michaelj, Joe K, Sky 21, magman, JJC3, Viper_96, TxHawk, Doc Dairy), 374 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Oleav8r, Duncan, johntimber, RMG, jzb
10772 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bargain Bob 214105
vettdvr 7724
Rusty Rudder 7564
Cessna Dude 6628
California Flyer 5925
Joeman434 5415
Willie 4728
Clyde Cessna 4404
Don Tedrow 3659
Peedie Montgomery 3287
wrecksum 2704
Ward Holbrook 2436
XP Driver 2406
November X-ray 2303
ytodd 2301
Jim_1 2124
oilwell1415 1906
Nightowl 1826
Bigdoggh 1821
Pilawt 1810
Showboatsix 1746
Nintendo Pilot 1738
Glenn Darr 1708
N5479R 1659
KevinMcP 1654
RodneyHooverCFI 1646
Pilot110 1574
Henry M. 1567
EdW 1541
Wayne R 1409
Top Posters (30 Days)
Bargain Bob 2438
Challenger1 76
Joeman434 52
Viper_96 37
Wayne R 37
Kentucky Captain 37
Rusty Rudder 29
Henry M. 27
N5479R 24
C420sailor 24
Flyboy712 23
GlennG 22
California Flyer 20
ytodd 17
Kejidog 17
DeputydogK9 16
magman 15
michaelj 14
propizza 12
Dsc45shooter 12
PeteS 11
Kinhop 10
Skyhawk28F 10
Flubber4.0 10
cadcap 10
Navi 9
Showboatsix 9
mx757 8
Jim_1 7
Clyde Cessna 7
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Friday May 25th by Viper_96 @ Today at 08:09 PM

Good evening everyone, beautiful day today with a high of 91F and light winds. Got to spend a lazy day with the family and now sitting outside with a beverage watching the kids play. Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Grounded again by N5479R @ Today at 06:31 PM

The FAA Medical folks received the requested reports and test results on the morning of May 23, 2018. Now I sit and wait and wait and wait.
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursday May 24 by N5479R @ Today at 06:29 PM

I was being facetious.
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement transponder by markv @ Today at 02:46 PM

If you are going to completely replace the Narco tray with something else, may as well go with all-in-one Mode C/ADS-B Out like Stratus ESG. If you can find a low-cost used GTX-327, it's a good transponder, AND if installation cost is not an issue, g
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Friday May 25th by ytodd @ Today at 02:01 PM

Got the oil changed in the Bonanza today and (hopefully) fixed an issue with the air/oil separator and addressed a few other minor issues. Hot today, and supposed to be in the 90's over the weekend. This is unseasonably warm for this time of year.
Mods & STCs
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Covers by C420sailor @ Today at 01:04 PM

I go light on the brakes to avoid flat spotting. Heat/wear doesn't even enter my mind in this airplane. Changing linings is a cakewalk, and the airplane just doesn't have enough kinetic energy during landing rollout/aborted takeoff to generate suffic
Mods & STCs
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Covers by Challenger1 @ Today at 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: C420sailorI'd be impressed if you could overheat 172 brakes, covered or not. Me too I dont use my brakes during touch and goes. I was taught to use my brakes very little to prolong them since they are small and use arero
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursday May 24 by Joeman434 @ Today at 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: N5479RWell the weather forecast is shaping up for some great flying conditions this weekend... I have a totally different report....not looking so good this way....
Mods & STCs
Jump to new posts Re: Strobe lights by Robert114 @ Today at 11:34 AM

No RF interference on the radios or nav equipment.
Mods & STCs
Anybody out there got a 337 handy that lists the weight savings between the old generator (mine is 20 amp) and an alternator. Also looking for the same for the original starter vs light weight starter for O-300. I don't need anything exact or a cop
Flying & C172 Club General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: How much would you pay to rent a C172N per hour? by C420sailor @ Today at 08:33 AM

That's about what I burn. 1 quart every 10hrs.
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement transponder by combahee @ Today at 08:02 AM

Not looking for ADS-B out with this. I may or may not equip for ADS-B, I rarely fly in controlled airspace. If I do I am leaning towards another Garmin unit or the uAvionix Sky beacon. The 327 is a more modern digital unit just to replace the old NAR
Mods & STCs
Jump to new posts Re: LED Landing light part 2 by Kejidog @ Today at 07:13 AM

I just happened to see on a Canadian buy and sell someone selling a led landing light par 46. As per buy and sell asking price is usually higher than purchase cost https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-other/barri...urce=ios_social Located in Ontario.
Jump to new posts Re: How much would you pay to rent a C172N per hour? by Challenger1 @ Today at 06:54 AM

I have now flown this plane 15 hours so far and have fell in love. It has treated me well and I have every thing working except the in dash clock. It does have one small oil leak, I get one or 2 drips after I shut it down. Not exactly sure where it
Tips & Tricks
Jump to new posts Re: Changing light bulbs in the map light by Challenger1 @ Today at 06:39 AM

Last night I finally was able to get the LED bulbs installed. It was not easy as I tried several nights in row with no luck. It is very tight inside that light and the light sockets on the LED bulbs are very soft. They dented very easy which made it
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Friday May 25th by Challenger1 @ Today at 06:27 AM

Good Friday morning! Is a cool 59f this morning going to 87 today with clear sky's. Beautiful flying weather around here the last 72 hours. I flew a total of 3.2 hours the last 2 evenings with last night being spectacular weather to fly in. Plan
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Friday May 25th by Joeman434 @ Today at 05:43 AM

Good morning all.....74 up to 87....with thunderstorms on the way.... Working in the hanger today along with cutting grass... Welcome back to civilization Rusty..!!
Mods & STCs
Jump to new posts Re: Strobe lights by propizza @ Today at 05:39 AM

Would like to get rid of the Rotating Beacon, and replace with some led. Its the largest power draw I have left!
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Friday May 25th by Rusty Rudder @ Today at 04:48 AM

TGIF and Good Memorial Day weekend ! Big thanks to Cal Flyer and Ytodd for filin in ! Weather is shaping up nicely, sunshine and 80 today... Off the grid for the week. Cell phone service was non existent except once and a while I would get a text, n
Jump to new posts Re: Question about engine RPMs during takeoff. by Wayne R @ Today at 04:28 AM

My 172N has a O320-D2J conversion by PennYan. It gets 2475 (+/-) on initial climb.
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursday May 24 by Viper_96 @ Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Good Thursday evening everyone, beautiful days here last two. School finished up here for my kiddos, so I decided to take the day off and fly them to Bullhead City for a late lunch! Beautiful,flight over the Hoover Dam, and down the Colorado River.
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement transponder by mobius4niner @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

I just got a quote from my local avionics folks this week for $4700 to install the Stratus ESG as a direct replacement for my AT-150. I asked the shop owner about Garmin vs Appareo. I'm leaning towards the Appareo. They now have a 5yr warranty and
Jump to new posts Re: Ask Captain Scott by Flyboy712 @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

As far as instructing? I believe he is. He is on another forum/Facebook group I am part of and he's a regular on there. Is there something in particular that you are looking for?
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursday May 24 by Kejidog @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

Beautiful day here in Nova Scotia. No flying for me but i did make the drive to the plane to install a LED landing light. I also cleaned the accumulated oil and exhaust residue off the bottom of the fuselage using avgas then a quick pass of break cle
Mods & STCs
Jump to new posts Re: LED Landing light part 2 by Kejidog @ Yesterday at 07:08 PM

I did my install today. It is a great improvement on the old incandessant. I used my existing screws with some nylok nuts to keep them snug on the lights. Worked really well. There was no dremeling needed in my case. I pushed the screws up from the b
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Cessna172 Tribute
THIS MONTH'S SPONSOR
Special thanks to:
You!
Thank you for making this site great
Today's Birthdays
atmcpm, SWMO Flyer, Thomas
Helpful Links
100LL Price Finder
AD Directory
Aging GA Aircraft