banner graphic
Airport Webcams
Who's Online
8 registered (Wrench, Joeman434, rick c, Challenger1, planetruth, RickG, Kentucky Captain, 1 invisible), 427 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hugh F, ndwells, ajadu, Dennis Earl, Buppy
12336 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bargain Bob 216468
Rusty Rudder 8353
vettdvr 7724
Joeman434 6752
Cessna Dude 6628
California Flyer 6197
Willie 4728
Clyde Cessna 4485
Don Tedrow 3659
Peedie Montgomery 3455
wrecksum 2704
ytodd 2582
Ward Holbrook 2436
XP Driver 2407
November X-ray 2303
Jim_1 2278
N5479R 2223
Viper_96 2026
Wayne R 2001
Henry M. 1985
Bigdoggh 1966
Challenger1 1928
oilwell1415 1906
Pilawt 1889
cadcap 1835
Nightowl 1826
Showboatsix 1816
Nintendo Pilot 1744
Glenn Darr 1708
KevinMcP 1665
Top Posters (30 Days)
Joeman434 87
DeputydogK9 76
Challenger1 75
Viper_96 68
cadcap 67
Jon H 50
N5479R 39
Rusty Rudder 27
Peedie Montgomery 19
skyhawk3 16
C420sailor 14
wildduk 13
magman 12
Gooneybird 11
California Flyer 11
Wrench 10
mx757 10
CaptPenner 10
OldGunbunny 10
multisync 9
Jim Faulks 8
CD. 7
Davey1 7
deltafox 7
4313 7
DKirkpatrick 7
Skydawg 7
Tom Braeunig 6
Bacho 6
Henry M. 6
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Powering avionics off of external power plug. by Challenger1 @ Today at 03:57 AM

Sorry to hear that. I guess you will have to decontaminate your plane if it turns out the tech has the virus Are they keeping your plane inside during this time?
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Powering avionics off of external power plug. by Kentucky Captain @ Today at 03:25 AM

Sorry, I've been MIA for a while. The airplane is still down with no ETA yet. First it was the tornado in Nashville. That was 15 miles north of where my airplane is at Smyrna. No damage there but the techs that were working on my plane had person
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing main and nose wheel tires by mx757 @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

I've had good results from Concord tires. I keep mine filled with nitrogen and I balance the tires with Mcfarlane tire balancer. https://www.mcfarlaneaviation.com/products/product/TOOL129/ don't know what it is with Mcfarlane lately... seems all
Flying & C172 Club General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Floor Interior by DaveO @ Yesterday at 09:34 PM

Please tell me Who is SCS company? Thanks
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Replacing main and nose wheel tires by Opee @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

My main wheels have too many flat spots. Mainly from my training in the same plane about 5-6 years ago. I feel vibration when I taxi, and it really bugs me. The logs show the tires are about 13-14 years old. They hold air fine. I have the Goodyear Fl
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: RPM drops o-300D by mx757 @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: WrenchIf this problem literally began after to added fuel, I would suspect the fuel. Did you pull and check the sump plug located on the fuel selector valve? It is accessed from underneath the aircraft. I turn the fuel off, pull
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: RPM drops o-300D by gmoodyii @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

OK, weird. I had the same thing about a month ago. Aborted a takeoff because the engine note changed while lifting off. Had plenty of runway so landed and went back to the hanger. Did a runup and seemed to be lacking a little power, MAG drop was good
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: NARCO MK12D install Manual? by OldGunbunny @ Yesterday at 07:25 PM

I didn't see it on first glance, maybe you'll have better luck. http://www.aeroelectric.com/Installation_Data/Narco/
Cessna 172 Club Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Garmin 430W by Henry M. @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

Maybe you can consider an Avidyne IFD440. It is orders of magnitude easier to use. It fits in the same tray as a GNS430W. The GTN650 is also much easier. User interfaces have come a long way since the 430 was introduced. The 430 is very frustrati
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: NARCO MK12D install Manual? by multisync @ Yesterday at 07:08 PM

Sorry, not me.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: O300C oil pressure by Jim Faulks @ Yesterday at 06:45 PM

Thanks Wrench. All good info.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: O300C oil pressure by Jim Faulks @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

New spring fitted, old one has fretting on the coils which changes the cross section of the spring material, making it weaker. Also the old spring had been stretched by someone in a misguided attempt to increase the spring pressure. A runup seemed to
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Monday March 30th by Jon H @ Yesterday at 06:29 PM

Happy monday afternoon just got home from the phx area last flight before the comanche goes out for annual and avionics upgrade its warming up here 78 right now but will be hitting 90 F on wednesday stay safe out there
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: NARCO MK12D install Manual? by Bacho @ Yesterday at 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: multisyncPM me and I will send it to you. Any chance you have in your possession a Narco MK 16 pin out?
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: RPM drops o-300D by Wrench @ Yesterday at 03:10 PM

If you have a stuck valve the engine tends to run rough/vibrate. You could also do a differential compression test.
Jump to new posts Re: Owner Advisory by Challenger1 @ Yesterday at 02:32 PM

It listed my SN under C172N but my motor has a Bendix mag...luckily this time. And like said a fresh spring in it.
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Monday March 30th by N5479R @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

Flew down to Wauchula (KCHN) for the first time in a very long time...maybe since my Grumman Cheetah days in the late 1980s. The runway has been resurfaced and seems like new. The hangars also looked like they were in real nice condition too. Best p
Jump to new posts Re: Owner Advisory by skyhawk3 @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

It only applies to the serial numbers listed in the original SB SL and Sb are only mandatory on commercially operated aircraft
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: NARCO MK12D install Manual? by multisync @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

PM me and I will send it to you.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts NARCO MK12D install Manual? by Skydawg @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

anyone have an install manual for NARCO MK12D radios?
Cessna 172 Club Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for Garmin 430W by Challenger1 @ Yesterday at 11:34 AM

They are not dropping support, only stopping converting non WAAS units to WAAS. They are not converting any more non WAAS to WAAS after end of June 2020. They still have parts to repair them. They said they are stopping the conversion to save parts t
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Fuel sending unit ohm range? by WebRuss @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Hi all 1974 Cessna 172M. Sn 17265980 I need to know the proper ohm range for the fuel sending units. Stewart Warner style. Regards Russ
Jump to new posts Re: Owner Advisory by Challenger1 @ Yesterday at 10:15 AM

My mag shop called back and said this mandatory service bulletin does not apply to Bendix mags, only Slick mags.
Jump to new posts Re: Owner Advisory by multisync @ Yesterday at 10:09 AM

Quote:If your plane is like mine with the dual mags then it is a Bendix Mag and not a Slick mag. So I don't think this pertains to us? I forgot to mention in my last post that it should not apply to your "Bendix" dual mag. I have an O320-D2
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Monday March 30th by Viper_96 @ Yesterday at 10:07 AM

Good Monday morning everyone, 52F earlier headed for the 70s today and 80s later this week. I flew over Vegas yesterday right over downtown and saw a total of 5 cars cruising the strip... I defiantly feel for all of the families affected and hope w
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Cessna172 Tribute
THIS MONTH'S SPONSOR
Special thanks to:
You!
Thank you for making this site great
Today's Birthdays
Czr, Eric
Helpful Links
100LL Price Finder
AD Directory
Aging GA Aircraft