banner graphic
Airport Webcams
Who's Online
2 registered (Low n Slow, Bacho), 440 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ronald, Kevin517, CFIISerra, gio757, thaugen727
13495 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bargain Bob 216468
Rusty Rudder 8613
vettdvr 7724
Joeman434 7443
Cessna Dude 6628
California Flyer 6301
Willie 4728
Clyde Cessna 4485
Don Tedrow 3659
Peedie Montgomery 3480
Challenger1 2960
wrecksum 2704
ytodd 2667
N5479R 2544
Viper_96 2525
Ward Holbrook 2436
XP Driver 2407
Jim_1 2306
November X-ray 2304
cadcap 2278
Henry M. 2108
Wayne R 2090
Showboatsix 2008
Bigdoggh 1976
Pilawt 1950
oilwell1415 1906
C420sailor 1834
Nightowl 1826
Nintendo Pilot 1744
Glenn Darr 1708
Top Posters (30 Days)
rkittine 145
Joeman434 76
Challenger1 43
C420sailor 38
Viper_96 33
magman 26
SeaProbe 20
Low n Slow 19
cadcap 17
skyhawk3 16
Gooneybird 15
DeputydogK9 14
multisync 10
mx757 10
DaveO 9
N5479R 9
OldGunbunny 8
Flubber4.0 8
B757 8
Showboatsix 7
Opee 6
Ernani 6
Underdog 6
ETinMT 5
Julien 5
ytodd 4
Kentucky Captain 4
Valentino 3
JJC3 3
AirspeedAltitude 3
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Millennium Cylinders by Low n Slow @ Today at 05:11 AM

The millennium kits don't come with all the stuff the Lycoming kits come with. Referencing my overhaul spreadsheet for an E2D priced about a month ago, you'd need to buy $305.24 more stuff total if you're doing at least a minimum major overhaul. I'm
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Audible horn by Jscott013 @ Today at 02:36 AM

Turns out the the little flap on the stall indicator was stuck open! Back in the air and I learned more about my plane!
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Millennium Cylinders by multisync @ Today at 01:06 AM

OK, follow-up question: What are the factors in choosing between Millennium and Lycoming cylinders for an O-320? The Millenniums get good reviews online but I ran 4 Lycomings 2250 hours with zero issues (never removed any of them). The Millenniums a
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Audible horn by Bluesky @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Oshkosh
Jump to new posts Re: OSHKOSH 2021 by cadcap @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

Landed in OshKosh about 9:30, watched the Cessna mass arrival just a bit ago, looks like the Bonanza mass arrival goin on now!! This place is packed !! I heard a parking marshall say there has never been so many early (Saturday) arrivals. These Bona
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursday July 22nd by rkittine @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

Long Day, Got 5.5 hours of instruction in, but had to fly to another airport to do it and then home, so now it is time to put away the wings and tip a few. Bob
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Audible horn by rkittine @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

And if you have a Generator and not an alternator, you will see the low voltage light even with the generator on, but with low RPM. I wish the stall horn on my straight tail would blare. With headphones on you can not hear it at all. Bob
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Audible horn by skyhawk3 @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

The voltage light is supposed to be on because your generator is not running yet....the only horn in the plane is the stall warning horn. Probably need an A&P to look at it for you.
Oshkosh
Jump to new posts Re: OSHKOSH 2021 by Doug H @ Yesterday at 03:59 PM

I made it to Fond Du Lac camping and will be taking the shuttle to AirVenture when it begins. Visited the Cessna 150/152 flyin in Clinton, IA the last 2 days. They are a great group of people and it was a great first time for me. I plan on flying bac
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Audible horn by jwcfbd @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

maybe the previous owner have added it
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Audible horn by Jscott013 @ Yesterday at 02:31 PM

My title dropped off when I posted!
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Audible horn by Joeman434 @ Yesterday at 02:11 PM

Jscott013, I added a topic to your post or nobody could respond. It may possibly help if you included the model of your plane. I've never heard a horn connected to the low voltage light, but anything is possible.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Audible horn -172G by Jscott013 @ Yesterday at 01:37 PM

I am a new owner (and still a student pilot) - last night during pre flight as soon as I turned the master switch on, the low voltage light came on and blaring horn almost knocked me out of the cockpit! I turned the master switch off and pulled out
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursday July 22nd by Joeman434 @ Yesterday at 12:02 PM

Good "Saturday" morning. I'm off to finish a job on a machine so a crew can get to work if anybody shows up. Late yesterday afternoon (about 4:45pm) when it was obvious I'd never be done, one of the laborers walked down the street and retur
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Millennium Cylinders by Joeman434 @ Yesterday at 11:48 AM

The good and the bad. Keeps the large from consuming the small. I think it's called a "fixed price" now. Most avionics have a price "suggested" by the manufacturer and that's what you will pay. I first encountered it when I sold P
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursday July 22nd by rkittine @ Yesterday at 11:00 AM

I am off early for a Net Negative Day. Will be flying the 182 to Robertson in CT to do a Beech Sierra transition to a CFI there so he can train his student who is the owner of the plane. Will get a bunch of nice flying in though. Bob
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Millennium Cylinders by rkittine @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Fair Trade, per se, was outlawed a number of years ago, but still practiced in other ways. uAvonic's has it, but some dealers get around it. Same with Nightforce rifle scopes. Bob
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Millennium Cylinders by Joeman434 @ Yesterday at 04:41 AM

Yes, I guess it evens out the playing field...
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Millennium Cylinders by multisync @ Yesterday at 03:50 AM

Quote:Superior has a "fair trade" figure on their parts What does "fair trade" mean? Distributors cannot sell below Superior's list price?
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Millennium Cylinders by Joeman434 @ Yesterday at 02:12 AM

A friend that was in the parts business a few years ago said his profit was around $200 on each kit. He also told me Superior has a "fair trade" figure on their parts.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Millennium Cylinders by multisync @ 07/23/21 11:55 PM

Anyone know the approximate wholesale price for Millennium cylinders? Put another way, what is the typical markup when purchased from factory to distribution?
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursday July 22nd by Joeman434 @ 07/23/21 10:29 PM

Good "Friday" afternoon all......after 3 hours of driving around town, I finally found the parts I needed. I called ahead and got the same....."yup we got them" from all of them.
Tips & Tricks
Jump to new posts Re: Main gear paint? by magman @ 07/23/21 06:17 PM

Like to suggest spraying paper with rattle can in various colors and stick to Landing Gear to see for yourself.
Mods & STCs
Jump to new posts Re: want to buy some refueling steps and handles by F16CrewChief @ 07/23/21 01:43 PM

Check out Cessna AK172-168J. A copy can be downloaded from the support.cessna.com website.
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursday July 22nd by rkittine @ 07/23/21 11:31 AM

Howdy Joe and Good Morning - It is a beautiful Friday morning here so I am off to Brookhaven to fly with one of my Beechcraft Students. No wind, clear skies and low humidity. What a great combination. Bob
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Cessna172 Tribute
THIS MONTH'S SPONSOR
Special thanks to:
You!
Thank you for making this site great
Today's Birthdays
evan
Helpful Links
100LL Price Finder
AD Directory
Aging GA Aircraft