banner graphic
Airport Webcams
Who's Online
20 registered (Dan A, TxHawk, Challenger1, Joeman434, N5479R, michaelj, Hawk XP II, jsk, C420sailor, Viper_96, Wayne R, Karlj, Chorse, Jim1965, Flflyguy, Bob2, 40Flaps, Davey1, propizza, Rusty Rudder), 390 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sgf, Reza_suatrat, RAMOSMLPD, swallace, KevD
10879 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bargain Bob 216468
vettdvr 7724
Rusty Rudder 7635
Cessna Dude 6628
California Flyer 5946
Joeman434 5494
Willie 4728
Clyde Cessna 4431
Don Tedrow 3659
Peedie Montgomery 3287
wrecksum 2704
Ward Holbrook 2436
XP Driver 2407
ytodd 2322
November X-ray 2303
Jim_1 2131
oilwell1415 1906
Bigdoggh 1835
Nightowl 1826
Pilawt 1815
Showboatsix 1752
Nintendo Pilot 1739
Glenn Darr 1708
N5479R 1686
KevinMcP 1654
RodneyHooverCFI 1646
Henry M. 1591
Pilot110 1576
EdW 1549
Wayne R 1495
Top Posters (30 Days)
Bargain Bob 438
Challenger1 85
Kentucky Captain 67
Wayne R 60
Joeman434 46
Rusty Rudder 42
C420sailor 26
N5479R 24
Henry M. 21
Viper_96 20
mx757 18
magman 17
cadcap 14
Clyde Cessna 14
propizza 13
ytodd 12
Flyboy712 12
Bigdoggh 11
michaelj 9
California Flyer 9
EdW 8
Pickwick Flyer 8
multisync 8
GregT 8
Curious1 7
Opee 7
neil rey 6
markv 6
Jim_1 6
Pilawt 5
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Cessna 172 Club Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Alcor cht, lead, and probe by Joeman434 @ 12 minutes 15 seconds ago

I have multiple Cessna's flying now....172L,172RG and a 210B. All have single cylinder CHT and one EGT probe. I use common sense as to monitoring temperatures and never have any problems. I've only ever run an engine to or past TBO on a few planes. O
Flying & C172 Club General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Do use engine tac time or hobbs time in your log book? by Challenger1 @ 14 minutes 57 seconds ago

Thanks I am going to start doing it that way.
Jump to new posts Re: Alcor cht, lead, and probe by michaelj @ 26 minutes 7 seconds ago

And Ill add on again because I forgot to say this. I have just done a complete Garmin panel upgrade with the bells and whistles. The most important piece of equipment to me is the JPI (although ADSB is right there with it for safety). I'm just playin
Jump to new posts Re: Do use engine tac time or hobbs time in your log book? by C420sailor @ 34 minutes 16 seconds ago

Challenger, you don't have to log per a meter. You can use your watch. If anything, a wristwatch is more accurate than a Hobbs.
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Wednesday July 18th by Viper_96 @ 43 minutes 55 seconds ago

Good Wednesday morning everyone, 90F again headed for 105F although I expect we'll hit 112F again today. Pretty gusty winds last night, made for a pretty exciting dust storm. For today, it's off to the gym and then some flying, followed by a little
Accuracy comes in handy calculating fuel burn. But that can be accomplished using a cheap timer.
The plane that I am renting from my friend, has had a broken hobbs meter since I started flying it. I pay him from the tach time...lucky me. I know that when I rent flight school planes I pay the hobbs time and record the hobbs time in my log. And I
Jump to new posts Re: Alcor cht, lead, and probe by Wayne R @ Today at 05:11 AM

I would agree with Michael. I didnít want to spend the money for the JPI 700, but glad I did. It caught a big problem with my 99 hr SMOH engine.
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Wednesday July 18th by Joeman434 @ Today at 04:59 AM

Good morning all.....79 up to 85 with rain on the way.... A friend is flying in...hope the weather holds off, but I see some scattered rain close by already... Rusty....have a great trip....maybe next year I'll plan a trip to Oshkosh and other plac
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Wednesday July 18th by Wayne R @ Today at 04:57 AM

Have fun, Rusty. Itís a beautiful day at the Chesapeake Bay. Our first stop on the boat trip will be Annapolis, MD. Overnight and back tomorrow.
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Wednesday July 18th by Rusty Rudder @ Today at 04:40 AM

Good hump day and top of the morning to you ! A bit of a cool down starting out at 67 headed for 71 F, much needed re-leaf ! Countdown has started for Osh departure in the RV. My bags are packed and I'm ready to go... Cousin showing up at 4pm for
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Tuesday July 17th by Rusty Rudder @ Today at 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: cadcap Rusty I would take you up on that deal anytime but OshKosh!!! Also the Mrs. would need a bit more time to adjust work /vacation schedule, DANG it!!! I seen ur place from the air... it's a little touch of paradise!!! Ori
Jump to new posts Re: Alcor cht, lead, and probe by michaelj @ Today at 04:25 AM

Im certainly no expert here but will share my thoughts. I have a 6 cylinder and went with the basic JPI 700 series so I could watch all 6 cylinders. As it turns out the one I need to watch the most is the one my A&P wouldn't think was the one to
I donít hav a Hobbs meter, so tach time for everything. The times are just an approximation anyhow. Iím not looking to build time and for maintenance items time in service specs are also an approximation so not critical to have 100% accuracy. That ac
Jump to new posts Re: Alcor cht, lead, and probe by Dsc45shooter @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

Cyl number three is a good bet from what ive researched. Thats the general consensus anyway.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Blind rivet approval by 4313 @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

Check Paul News website, he has several articles on the path to approval for structural projects, all of his articles are real mechanic pertinent in my opinion. Alan Core
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Who do you use for oil sampling? by Opee @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

I started with OAL or whoever the lab is that I can get a sample kit from Aircraft Spruce. Comes with everything except a stamp for about $15. Have sampled about 4-5 times and I get a running trend of the critical metals in ppm since I purchased the
C172 Photo Gallery
Never mind! my fault
C172 Photo Gallery
'Dude Maybe I missed a post somewhere, I see a broken link to YouTube. Cannot play it or view it. Any ideas?
C172 Photo Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: New Paint Scheme 2002 C172R by N3513F @ Yesterday at 07:50 PM

Thanks! ROFL!
Jump to new posts Re: Alcor cht, lead, and probe by Wayne R @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Just one? How do you decide which one?
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Grounded again by Wayne R @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Hoping for a quick resolution for you, Sailor. Iíve been the route a couple of times. hadto have Dr. Bruce Chien get me through it the last time.
Originally Posted By: C420sailorPilot log? Hobbs. Maintenance log? Tach. Ditto
Jump to new posts Re: Do use engine tac time or hobbs time in your log book? by Challenger1 @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Thanks
Jump to new posts Re: Do use engine tac time or hobbs time in your log book? by C420sailor @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

Pilot log? Hobbs. Maintenance log? Tach.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Cessna172 Tribute
THIS MONTH'S SPONSOR
Special thanks to:
You!
Thank you for making this site great
Today's Birthdays
BradBrown, JimEpting, MBONO, Redding Flyer
Helpful Links
100LL Price Finder
AD Directory
Aging GA Aircraft