banner graphic
Airport Webcams
Who's Online
14 registered (Marcos Diaz, multisync, Desert Hawk, TxHawk, ytodd, mx757, gwigington, Davey1, gmoodyii, tiresmoke, Joeman434, Wrench, Henry M., 1 invisible), 407 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
fjungman, simpilot, Tropo, Hutch Aviation, Mellokeith
11449 Registered Users
Top Posters
Bargain Bob 216468
Rusty Rudder 7948
vettdvr 7724
Cessna Dude 6628
California Flyer 6048
Joeman434 6000
Willie 4728
Clyde Cessna 4485
Don Tedrow 3659
Peedie Montgomery 3340
wrecksum 2704
Ward Holbrook 2436
ytodd 2431
XP Driver 2407
November X-ray 2303
Jim_1 2216
Wayne R 1935
oilwell1415 1906
N5479R 1891
Bigdoggh 1885
Pilawt 1857
Nightowl 1826
Henry M. 1801
Showboatsix 1792
Nintendo Pilot 1740
Glenn Darr 1708
KevinMcP 1665
Pilot110 1647
RodneyHooverCFI 1646
EdW 1599
Top Posters (30 Days)
Challenger1 75
Joeman434 58
Wayne R 54
C420sailor 52
Viper_96 52
Rusty Rudder 43
Joe K 34
Flubber4.0 30
N5479R 29
Jim_1 26
Gooneybird 25
DeputydogK9 23
Henry M. 23
cadcap 23
mx757 23
Dave Kagey 22
RCasada 21
frfly172 18
wildduk 17
Hank Hill 15
Peedie Montgomery 15
magman 13
agghopp 12
Kejidog 12
Bigdoggh 11
multisync 10
cyendrey 10
Wrench 10
California Flyer 9
Kentucky Captain 9
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Saturday March 23rd by cadcap @ 37 minutes 8 seconds ago

Good Morning All!! Beautiful sunny n cool 34F going to 50F day...off to a bit o work and then a bit o flying. Today will likely be my last chance to fly for a while...shoulder replacement surgery is gonna put me on the ground for at least a few week
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Cessna 172L - Baggage Door Issues by mx757 @ Today at 04:12 AM

Denton The guy who make bag door organizers is a long time skydiver, he's in his 80's now still jumping..
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Headsets by Kentucky Captain @ Today at 12:28 AM

I logged almost a thousand hours as the Boom Operator in a KC-135 during my stint in the Air Force in the late 70s. We had the J-57s and water injection. Now that was a noisy airplane.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Secondary seat stops by Kentucky Captain @ Today at 12:22 AM

To the best of my knowledge, the offer from Cessna only covers the left seat. I ordered mine from Tennessee Aircraft. I got one for me and two of my friends. They gave us a break on shipping. It took us about three hours to mount the one on my M
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: LightSpeed PFX by Kentucky Captain @ Today at 12:08 AM

I tried both before selecting the PFX as they felt more comfortable to me. I really like them. I was unaware that the PFX had been discontinued. It looks like when the Zulu 3 came out, it was just as good and cheaper.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Is VOR still relevant ? by Kentucky Captain @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

As much as we want to keep VORs around forever, it's not going to happen. Already, in my airspace, there is not a single NDB left. In addition, we have had five VORs. ABB VOR was blown away by a tornado with no plans to rebuild. BQM is a TVOR on
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: 172N's PTT & door stop spring by Kentucky Captain @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: FritzT.IĎll try it...probably there will some damage on it. Any ideas to replace the door stop spring??? When mine broke, I installed the Door Stewards from http://mtnviewaviation.com/. They are a bit pricey but they are fan
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Headsets by Kentucky Captain @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

When I redid my panel, I spent a great deal of time in the avionics shop showroom trying on headsets. the Lightspeed Zulu PFX and the Bose A20 were on the top of my list and I feel are the best of the best. I tried both repeatedly and came away wit
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Continue the story by 5 words by Wayne R @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

Check fuel, pack lunch, GO.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Uneven fuel flow from Wing Tanks by brucesheri @ Yesterday at 02:42 PM

I had uneven fuel flow, and suspected venting problems, so I replaced my gas caps with new vented caps which also meant new gaskets. All good. There have been some crashes here in Hawaii with fuel exhaustion. The distances are pretty short between is
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Throttle momentarily sticking in idle in classic 172 by brucesheri @ Yesterday at 02:32 PM

I had a not very good IA because all three of my cables were screwed directly to the levers. I didn't get smooth movement because of it. Probably similar to what you describe. A better IA helped me replace them all with a double locking bolt, custom
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Power Level Most Commonly Flown by brucesheri @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

2550 rpm, cruise 117 KCAS, 122 KTAS, 4000' density altitude. (172K with RAM conversion to 172N with Sensenich STC 172N cruise prop, PowerFlow.) Expected more for $15k of mods, but in line with the 172N numbers above. (Without the mods, stock 172K wa
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: 1956 C172 Mufflers by Sondavid @ Yesterday at 12:44 PM

We used Dawley, same problem, right side, it was about $400, they turned around quick for my annual.
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: RST Audio panel guides by Sondavid @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

I am looking myself, for a 564. My neighbor has the user guide for a 504. It is quite a few pages. The PDFs on the website are schematics and block diagrams, the user guide is quite a bit more. Jim did help me out a couple years ago, the volume knob
Cessna 172 Club Classifieds
Jump to new posts FS: SUN N FUN $100 - SWITCHBOX AND ICEBOX AIR CONDITIONER by phillipny @ Yesterday at 09:19 AM

$100 OFF REBATE for the Switchbox 4G Full System or Icebox Full System. Check out our site below for the $100 Rebate for the Switchbox or Icebox with all Accessories! support@switchboxcon&
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Friday March 22nd by Viper_96 @ Yesterday at 08:14 AM

Good Friday morning everyone, 48F headed for 68F with clear skies and light winds. Hope you all are having a great day, for me it's a day with family before a busy weekend. Rusty - safe journeys north Joe - glad you were able to fix your RG... I a
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: GPU accessory plug - Problems by Challenger1 @ Yesterday at 06:47 AM

Congratulations on your new home!! Now get out there and fly!
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Thursdsy March 21st by Viper_96 @ 03/21/19 10:40 PM

Good Thursday evening everyone, 48F this AM and it hit the mid 60's this afternoon, and now back to where it started. For me it was a busy day with multiple tests of patience, looks like that is an area of my life I still need work in . Good thing
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: Garmin GTX 335 ADSB out by Wrench @ 03/21/19 08:49 PM

I have one I installed myself with the tray mounted encoder. I use a Stratux for ADS-B in. Happy with it so far. I am also using it to feed altitude info to my GNC300-XL. If you have another reliable source of altitude like an Aspen, you can forgo th
Cessna 172 Club Classifieds
Jump to new posts FOR SALE: 1969 CESSNA 182M, N419BE $59,500 by Henry M. @ 03/21/19 09:53 AM

Posting for a friend that lost his medical. I havenít seen the plane myself, but heĎs an upstanding guy and has been very meticulous with his upkeep. This was to be his forever plane until the medical issue. The is why it has a rebuilt engine and new
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Re: auxiliary fuel tank by Challenger1 @ 03/21/19 05:32 AM

Great feedback, I would love to have one too. Seems to be the cheapest way to go with the least amount of work? Thanks for posting.
C172 Photo Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: N2671L New Paint by Wayne R @ 03/21/19 05:14 AM

looks good!!!!!!!!!!!
Your Daily Cup of Joe
Jump to new posts Re: Wednesday March 20th by Viper_96 @ 03/21/19 12:22 AM

Good Wednesday evening everyone, 55F now down from the mid-60's earlier today. Lots of precipitation today, but still managed to fly this evening. Office day tomorrow after flying two days straight. Have a good evening everyone!
Tech Questions
Jump to new posts Apple Announces the iPad Mini 5 (after 3.5 years) by Viper_96 @ 03/21/19 12:14 AM

Fellow 172 Club Members and Friends, if I missed someone mentioning it earlier apologies for the repeat post. For me this is new News today learning that Apple has announced a replacement for the iPad Mini 4, the Mini 5. Below is a link for a qui
Avionics
Jump to new posts Re: ADSB out by Sondavid @ 03/20/19 10:39 PM

Yes cap, I know it was beautiful. I am VFR, but nibble around the edges on ILS 27. I do have a glideslope thatís ok. I have a six pack, STC vacuum pump, though some instruments have swapped holes. AS and the 3 gyros across the top, OBS and static in
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cessna172 Tribute
THIS MONTH'S SPONSOR
Special thanks to:
You!
Thank you for making this site great
Today's Birthdays
AST, Bob Moss, Mike C, Timbob
Helpful Links
100LL Price Finder
AD Directory
Aging GA Aircraft